Over 1,000 Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft have now been delivered, with some 70 operators using the aircraft for flights. However, where are the top Boeing 787 airports in July 2021? Simple Flying decided to find out!
The Boeing 787 Dreamliner completed its first flight on December 15th, 2009. 11 and a half years later, three variants are now operational, while a fourth domestic variant never made it off of the whiteboard. With the manufacturer having passed the 1,000 airframe mark earlier this year, according to ch-aviation.com, the aircraft is undoubtedly impacting the widebody market, with carriers from Aeromexico to Scoot using the airplane on all the major continents.
Top Dreamliner Airports
According to data from aviation data experts Cirium, a staggering 34,863 Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights are scheduled for July. This equates to 9,567,906 seats and is only around 10,000 flights down from the July 2019 figure of 15,066, which isn’t bad considering the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, especially on long-haul routes.
According to schedule data, 297 airports will handle scheduled passenger flights with the Boeing 787 this month. Of these, four will each take more than 1,000 flights. Unsurprisingly, each of these is home to a significant Boeing 787 operator. Without further ado, the top 10 airports for Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft departures in July 2021 are,
- Tokyo Haneda, Japan (HND) – 1,121 flights
- Doha, Qatar (DOH) – 1,079 flights
- London Heathrow, United Kingdom (LHR) – 1,050 flights
- Abu Dhabi, UAE (AUH) – 1,008 flights
- Shanghai Hongqiao, China (SHA) – 836 flights
- Chicago O’Hare, United States (ORD) – 831 flights
- Tokyo Narita, Japan (NRT) – 765 flights
- Guangzhou, China (CAN) – 723 flights
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands (AMS) – 698 flights
- Beijing Capital, China (PEK) – 689 flights
What about the top airlines?
While looking at the top Boeing 787 Dreamliner airports for July 2021, it also makes sense to look at the top airlines for the aircraft. Interestingly, this list doesn’t quite line up with the top airport list. United Airlines sits at the top of the list, accounting for 3,039 scheduled flights in July. Earlier this month, we reported that this month would see United’s most widebody domestic flights in 20 years, and the 787 plays a role in this.
Interestingly, while Tokyo Hanada sits at the top of the airport list, All Nippon Airways is only fifth on the airlines list, with Japan Airlines coming in as number eight. Despite London Heathrow being third on the airport list, its home carrier, British Airways, doesn’t even place in the top ten Boeing 787 operators for the month, with only 646 flights scheduled. The difference in flight numbers is due to the global hub status that Heathrow holds. Many airlines, alongside British Airways, use the airport as a destination for their flights.
The top ten Boeing 787 Dreamliner carriers for July in order are,
- United Airlines – 3,039 flights
- American Airlines – 2,300 flights
- Etihad Airways – 2,072 flights
- Qatar Airways – 2047 flights
- All Nippon Airways – 1,866 flights
- China Southern Airlines – 1,736 flights
- Hainan Airlines – 1,623 flights
- Japan Airlines – 1,490 flights
- Ethiopian Airlines – 1,442 flights
- Air Canada – 1,136 flights
Have you visited any of the top ten Boeing 787 airports on a Dreamliner? Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below!
from Simple Flying https://ift.tt/2TU0ttP